Installing cell phone spy software usually isn’t the most straightforward process. However, it doesn’t have to be difficult. Some of the following tips will help prepare you for many of the caveats you may encounter, while trying to install cell spy software. Read on so you can avoid some well-known hassles the installation process often has.
Are all spying services and software the same?
They all differ in one way or another, but most of the basic features are usually the same. At the core of each software, they operate a little differently. Here is the general way the installation process usually goes:
- Make sure the target device is compatible with the spying software.
- Choose correct monitoring service package for your target device.
- Pay for service and software.
- Look for email with installation instructions, account information and download link.
- Register an account by creating a username and password.
- Download and install software on target device.
- Enter the unique ID by following on-screen instruction.
- Restart Device.
- Check and change reporting settings if necessary.
This is a basic sketch of how the install process goes. At first glance this might seem easy. Beware you could run into errors or perhaps you missed a step, which can cause unnecessary delays. Slight variations in the way the installation process is performed – might be different from device to device.
Remember – You cannot install cell phone spy software remotely, and you need to have physical access to the phone. All apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) need to be jailbroken in order to install and use the spy app.
Prepare yourself that you may not be prepared for everything. In other words, expect the unexpected and give yourself ample time to perform the installation process. Attentiveness is key, as well as being thorough and exact when installing the monitoring software.
This video details the installation process for mSpy on an Android phone
How much time does installing spy software take?
On a good day, the process can take about five minutes or less. However, if you’ve never done this before, allow a reasonable amount of time. Usually, that is around 30 minutes or more. Though this may seem like a lot of time, remember errors can happen. For example, maybe there’s some inconsistencies in the software’s compatibility. In short, you don’t need any unnecessary pressure. Simply read the instructions, carefully. Take your time.
After installing the software, it could take at least 10 minutes or more until any monitored data is reported. If there is a lot on the device to begin with, the reporting could take a little more time to come through. Usually a control panel will be available through the provider’s website. This is where you’ll be able to download reports and view it in a centralized location.
Follow these tips for success
- Pick your desired servicing package and device designated software for proper OS.
- Read the instructions thoroughly and carefully, and follow them exactly as described.
- Keep necessary details easily accessible, such as email, activation codes and passwords.
- Allow yourself time so you are not rushed.
- Be near a PC to check the monitoring software is correctly reporting and working as it should.
What do you do if you need help?
If you do not get the initial email, with all the relevant information for your newly created account, you’ll do best by contacting the support number the software provider has. You can also email them.
Furthermore, the spy software will usually have a technical support staff. If they do not, then ask yourself if you’re comfortable with that. Instructions are usually listed on the website. They can also be in the initial email you receive. Sometimes, they can be in the spam folder.
In the end, installing phone spy software for the first time has its caveats. Getting through the process should be easier now that you’re prepared for some of the tough problems.